It has been said that the right tools make the job easy.
In project management, it's probably more accurate to say the right tools make the job seem a little 'less challenging'.
There are so many tools out there for the project manager: PMO Enterprise tools, gannt chart tools, budget trackers, etc. Hopefully, the reviews below will help
you understand some of 'what's out there' and the good and bad for each to help you decide what tools you'll use for your job.
If you have any other tools or resources you'd like added here, please click on the contact us link below and let us know.
- A good high-level overview, including whether the software
is licensed or open source and a quick look at six other key features. Also you can click on the link for any one of them for more detail.
Web Based PM Software:
- These are all 'web based' project management solutions,
several of which were new to myself and my colleagues.
PM Software Review from Information Week:
- Primavera, AtTask, FastTrack Schedule9 and Arena Solutions' PLM are reviewed here.
The article is a little bit dated, but good information.
PM Methodology Tool:
- MPMM® is an interesting solution. This software program includes templates for each main document
needed through the project lifecycle, and claims to be based on the standards in PMBOK® and Prince2®.
Types of PM Tools:
- This article lists eight types of PM tools:
1. Project Scheduling
2. Project Accounting
3. Project Estimating
4. Project Management
5. Bug and Defect Tracking
6. Project Portfolio Management
7. Requirements Management
8. Resource Planning and Scheduling
- Thank you to David Freudenstein, PMP® for his information on "Gartner's 6/09 Magic Quadrant". You can read about it here: